> So, let's make Symbol#to_s frozen?
> I think in general it makes a lot of sense that immutable classes return a frozen String for #to_s.

That makes sense, and I agree that's the cleanest solution. There's really nothing in the contract that says `to_s` is supposed to return a non-frozen string.
But I can't agree to a backward-incompatible change without a proper deprecation period.
So I went and added Feature #16153 for a way to allow a phase-in period for frozen `Symbol#to_s`.

Feature #16150: Add a way to request a frozen string from to_s