On 11/6/06, Kirill Shutemov <k.shutemov / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/6/06, Sean Russell <ser / germane-software.com> wrote:
> > 1) Sylvain is right about the development model of Ruby being more
> > in-line with having a central repository.
> Do you think that distributed repository will not be useful for adding
> new libs to standart library or make a global redesign in ruby core? I
> think it's very similar to kernel development process(adding new
> drivers and changing internal interfaces).

I think exactly that. IME, distributed SCMs are wasteful of resources
most of the time.
I'd *almost* prefer to see Ruby move to p4 than any distributed SCM.
(And yes, I know it's a proprietary product. Ruby, however, being an
open source project, would qualify for open source licensing.)

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca