Issue #16146 has been reported by ngomez (Nancy Gomez).

Feature #16146: Array .distance allow custom comparison
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16146

* Author: ngomez (Nancy Gomez)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Hello!

I wanted to know if there's any plan to implement the ability to define comparison between individual items in arrays.

Here is where I originally asked the question on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57316775/is-there-any-way-to-specify-how-to-compare-of-array-of-objects-for-difference-f

But specifically, I noticed nearly all the existing Array functions allow us to define ways for comparison, such as #uniq but #difference does not :( This is quite unfortunate but I'm hoping it's just because this function was introduced in 2.6.0, and hopefully this feature can be implemented?

Thanks for any and all info :)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/