Misc #16130: [Discussion / Ideas] Finding a good name for the concept of/behind guilds - primarily the NAME

* Author: shevegen (Robert A. Heiler)
* Assignee:
In recent presentions this year, and perhaps prior to that as well if I
remember correctly, matz mentioned that the core team (and matz) may be
looking for a good name to the concept of/behind guilds.

The thread here, this issue, is PRIMARILY confined with this, the name -
if you have any good suggestion for names in this context, or discussions
that may relate to this secondarily, please feel free to chime in and
comment. This is primarily meant to give some ideas, possibly.

Since koichi is also heavily involved here (matz pointed out that koichi
likes the name guilds, and came up with the idea/proposal/implementation),
I think this should be considered too. And of course how ruby users may
want to use/view the concept behind guilds, and actually use them in
their own code - the best idea is not great if nobody is using the
concept. Like with refinements ... great idea but I found the API
somewhat strange. :D (May also be because subclassing is so easy with
"Foo < Bar"; ideally we could have something like this with refinements
too, but this is for another proposal or discussion - this here is
about the name for the concept behind guilds.)

Anyway.

I'll give my opinion too, on the names, but I will decouple this from
the initial suggestion here, and reply to my own issue.

Note that this here really is primarily concerned with finding a good
NAME, which is not trivial, since names may have different meanings
in different contexts.

Furthermore, some links for those who may be curious - some of which
are old, and I really just randomly linked these in:

http://www.atdot.net/~ko1/activities/2016_rubykaigi.pdf
https://mensfeld.pl/2016/11/getting-ready-for-new-concurrency-in-ruby-3-with-guilds/
https://olivierlacan.com/posts/concurrency-in-ruby-3-with-guilds/

--