Issue #15996 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

> I know I shouldn't comment on individual issues here

While I agree, one problem is that e. g. Dan0042 did not read the prior comments here - in
particular he linked in "[Misc #15723] Reconsider numbered parameters", which already was
linked in by sikachu. IMO, these issues become quite a lot of discussion work in general
and I am not sure matz has enough time to comment on every single one when people just
copy/paste new issues without looking whether others already linked these in. :\

 Otherwise I agree with Martin's statement of "work out an overview of what's missing and
how to address it", in regards to the functional approach. I myself use ruby almost
exclusively from an OOP view (mostly); other ruby users seem to like a more functional
approach, such as zverok. Sometimes these styles seem to clash, in my opinion.

The dev-meeting discussions are great for others in the ruby community who are not e. g.
in japan, but this here is probably the longest individual issue tracker for any dev
meeting as of yet; I am not sure it is possible to discuss all of this in e. g. 4 hours.
But I digress too, apologies for that.

Misc #15996: DevelopersMeeting20190829Japan