Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote:
> * [Feature #10829] Add to_proc method to the Array class
> * [Feature #12115] Add Symbol#call to allow to_proc shorthand with argume=
nts
> * [Feature #15302] Proc#with and Proc#by, for partial function applicatio=
n and currying
> * [Misc #15723] Reconsider numbered parameters
> * [Feature #15897] `it` as a default block parameter
> * [Feature #16113] Partial application
> * [Feature #16120] Implicit block argument if block starts with dot-metho=
d call
>   * All proposals above are different ideas for a block shorthand more ve=
rsatile than `(&:to_s)`
>   * Insatisfaction with numbered parameters solution
>   * In #16120 I try to analyze the root issue common to all the above

I know I shouldn't comment on individual issues here, but I haven't found a=
 better way of commenting on this group of issues (maybe we should create a=
 superissue): I think we should stop dealing with individual ideas of how t=
o improve functional programming in Ruby and work out an overview of what's=
 missing and how to address it, understanding that Ruby is first and foremo=
st an OO language and we'll never get to the same point as Haskell or somet=
hing similar.

Misc #15996: DevelopersMeeting20190829Japan