Feature #16123: Allow calling a private method with `self.`

* Author: dylants (Dylan Thacker-Smith)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
## Problem

There is an inconsistency between calling a private attribute writer being allowed with `self.value =` syntax and `self.value` not being allowed on a private attribute writer.

Calling a private method in this way can be useful when trying to assign the return value of this private method to a local variable with the same name.

## Solution

The attached patch handles this by compiling the calling into a function call by using the `VM_CALL_FCALL` flag, so it is as if the call were made without the `self.` prefix, except it won't be confused with local variables at the VM instruction level.  It is also compiled like an assignment call, except I didn't use the `COMPILE_RECV` macro, since that would remove the `CHECK` macro usage around the `COMPILE` line.

0001-Allow-calling-a-private-method-with-self.diff.txt (3.28 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/