Bug #8427: gets method truncates strings longer than 255 characters in Windows 7

* Author: jen (Jen Marsh)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0p195 (2013-05-14) [x64-mingw32]
* Backport:
When using the gets method from a Windows 7 command line (or XP according to other users), long input strings are truncated to 255 characters.  Here is an example of code:
    puts "Enter long string"
    long_string = gets
    puts "size of string : #{long_string.length}"
    puts "string: #{long_string}"
For input strings of length exceeding 255 characters, the entered string is always truncated to 255 characters.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/