Issue #16043 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

> read in the docs and discussion that this method only searches the featur=
e in the LOAD_PATH,
> but does not attempt to load it. Raising a load error makes it look that =
this method tries
> to load the feature, but I don't think it does that.

I had a look at the tracker:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15230

And I agree with you in the sense that mame did not mandate that the method=
 should raise,
so it probably should not raise (or it should be mentioned in the documenta=
tion, IMO).

I have no opinion on what it should return but I think either way it would =
be best to
specify it, to less confusion by other ruby users. It may be best to ask ma=
me directly
whether he agrees with your comment + patch. :)

Bug #16043: `$LOAD_PATH.resolve_feature_path` should not raise