"Kirill Shutemov" <k.shutemov / gmail.com> wrote on 06.11.2006 17:01:03:

> On 11/4/06, SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
> >
> > b) The Ruby repository will be a Subversion repository
> >

> Why Subversion? Please look at Git. I think that distributed
> development is real useful for so large project.

  Git's windows support is poor, it requires cygwin which will make
  all file IO very slow. But I agree it would be nice if ruby could
  use distributed SCM. There is mercurial which I think is quite fast
  and feature complete, downside might be that it is written with python.
  More info at http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi

 - Ville