On Monday 06 November 2006 16:01, Kirill Shutemov wrote:
> On 11/4/06, SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
> > b) The Ruby repository will be a Subversion repository
>
> Why Subversion? Please look at Git. I think that distributed
> development is real useful for so large project.

(Disclaimer: I'm now using a distributed VCS almost exclusively)

Projects like KDE proved that having a centralized versioning system like
subversion is *not* that harmful for large projects. Distributed VCS is a
must for projects where there is a lot of branches, like kernel development
where nearly all major developer has its own branch. I'm not sure it is
*that* useful for Ruby.

My two cents
--
Sylvain