I agree with @akr here, as long as `lambda` with a block argument warns.
We need to keep compatibility. But I think we should warn this inconsistent behavior.

Matz.

Feature #15973: Make it so Kernel#lambda always return a lambda

* Author: alanwu (Alan Wu)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version:
When Kernel#lambda receives a Proc that is not a lambda,
it returns it without modification. l propose changing `Kernel#lambda`
so it always returns a lambda.

Calling a method called lambda and having it effective do nothing was
not very intuitive.

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2262

Judging from marcandre's investigation here: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15620#note-1
changing the behavior should not cause much breakage, if any.

This also happens to fix [Bug #15620]

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/