 is non empty?

* Author: fcheung (Frederick Cheung)
* Assignee: =

* Target version: =

This is semantically equivalent to `(ary1 & ary2).any?`, but more efficient=
 and makes the intent more obvious.

For example bundler [checks]( https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/lib/=
bundler/runtime.rb#L61 ) whether the list of requested groups and the list =
of groups for a dependency has any overlap - it doesn't care what the overl=
ap is, as long as it is non empty

In my personal projects we've found this to be a bottleneck when the arrays=
 are large and where intersections are likely - `!(ary1 & ary2).empty?` kee=
ps searching for all of the intersection even after we've found the first o=
ne, & creates extra garbage because of the intermediate array.

See https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2260

2260.patch (7.9 KB)

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/