Issue #15955 has been updated by byroot (Jean Boussier).

Zeitwerk had the exact same use case recently: https://github.com/fxn/zeitwerk/blob/ba7ff65d40a4309701981f9443249ac7e0e8c65f/lib/zeitwerk/real_mod_name.rb

i.e. get the true Module name even if the method was redefined.

Feature #15955: UnboundMethod#apply

* Author: nelhage (Nelson Elhage)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I'd love a way to apply an UnboundMethod to a receiver and list of args without having to first `bind` it. I've ended up using `UnboundMethod`s in some hot paths in my application due to our metaprogramming idioms, and the allocation from `.bind` is comparatively expensive.

I'd love `unbound_method.apply(obj, args…)` to be equivalent to `unbound_method.bind(obj).call(args…)` but without allocating the intermediate `Method`

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/