Hello,

Due to certain requirement, I was thinking of doing a native thread
extension for ruby, basically an extension written in C which would
wrap pthread (linuxthreads/nptl). Doing so I found out there are
various components in the core interpreter which are not really thread
safe like parser globals, interpreter context etc. resulting in
various race conditions on using native threads.

Any suggestions on this will very really helpful or is it at all
possible to write an extension for ruby 1.8 wrapping the pthread APIs
without touching the core interpreter?

-abhisek