Issue #16001 has been updated by alanwu (Alan Wu).

Would this be an instance method on Kernel? If so, it seems like a very heavy handed way to shorten something that is already fairly short.
I don't see `caller_locations(1,1)` or `caller(1,1)` very frequently, though.

Feature #16001: Provide an alias to Kernel#caller_locations(1,1) and Kernel#caller(1,1)

* Author: piotrmurach (Piotr Murach)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
As it is common to use `caller_locations(1,1)` and `caller(1,1)`, this proposes an alias to help get the previous backtrace frame and avoid common beginner mistakes getting full backtrace information.

The currently suggestions are:
* `immediate_caller`
* `caller_first`
* `caller_only`

This feature request is based on conversation with Charles Nutter who says:

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/