Issue #15973 has been updated by akr (Akira Tanaka).

Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote:

> With current semantics, it returns `:early_return`.
> With the proposed change, it returns `:method_return_value`.
> That's very surprising, isn't it?

I agree.

The lambda-ness of Proc object affects control flow: the behavior of "return" and "break".

If lambda(&b) changes the lambda-ness of b, two control flow can exist.
I think no programmer want to consider two control flow when implementing one block.

Feature #15973: Make it so Kernel#lambda always return a lambda