Marcel Molina Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 04:26:51AM +0900, Daniel Berger wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Since David mentioned that RCRchive is being reworked, I thought I'd propose
>> this here.
>>
>> Abstract:
>>   Add the Module#method_aliased and Method#singleton_method_aliased hooks.
>>

> Could you not avoid the alias keyword and always use Module#alias_method
> instead which you could, erhum..., alias and customize?
>
> marcel

I think it would be more work and you would have to be extremely
careful.  I definitely wouldn't alias Module#alias_method in my own code
- that's just asking for trouble in the long run I think.

But, you have the example I provided.  If you can do what I did there in
a reasonably simple and safe manner, I'm all ears.  Even if you can, I
believe my approach is safer and would be a handy hook to have from time
to time.

Regards,

Dan