Status changed from Open to Rejected

And it's too confusing.  `ary&.[]` and `ary&.[]()` for example.

Feature #14548: Allow some_array&.[1] to be a valid syntax

* Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Currently, Ruby allows accessing an array's index while testing whether the array is not nil with this syntax: `my_array&.[](1)`. I've always found this awkward but didn't mind about suggesting anything to improve this.

I was just reading about how JavaScript is probably going to support myArray?.[1] and found that it read good enough for me.

So I'd like to propose about the same syntax, replacing ?. with the Ruby equivalent &. instead. How does that look like to you?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/