Hi ruby-core,

As I announced at ruby-core on May 23rd at
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15843,
HEAD (default branch) of git.ruby-lang.org/ruby.git and
github.com/ruby/ruby.git will be changed from "trunk" to "master" on
July 1st.
Now I'm planning to perform the operation at about 0:00 JST on July 1st.

This means that "git clone" will checkout master branch by default.
As we already tested or switched to use master branch on major CIs, I
think we're ready for it.
Even after that, you can continue to use "git push" to trunk branch
which is a symbolic reference to master branch.

Thank you,
k0kubun