I am not sure, but can this warning be more helpful? Like method's documentation, which says:

> This method is obsolete and should not be used. Instead, use CGI.escape, URI.encode_www_form or URI.encode_www_form_component depending on your specific use case.

Or is there a reason/standard/convention for warnings to be brief, even if less useful?..

Feature #15961: Always warn for URI.{,un}{escape,encode}

* Author: jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans)
* Assignee: akira (akira yamada)
* Target version:
These methods have both had a verbose mode warning for almost 10 years.  If we ever plan on removing them, we should switch from a verbose mode warning to a regular warning.  If we don't, people will still use them, and run into their problems (see #12235, #9806).

uri-escape-always-warn.patch (1.18 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/