You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1700&aid=6321&group_id=426

Category: Ruby1.9
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When writing clients for REST web services, I want to use the simple interface of open-uri.rb to make HTTP requests that use POST, PUT, DELETE, etc. Currently only GET requests are supported. A simple change (2 new options) gives support for all HTTP methods without breaking the old interface. I have patches for both Ruby 1.8 and 1.9. Let me know if you have questions or need anything else from me.