On Oct 21, 2006, at 10:06 AM, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> At the roundtable discussion with Matz last night, the question was
>> asked can we please switch the standard library to FasterCSV for
>> Ruby 1.9?
>
> See [ruby-talk:194955] and the following mails.  You think CSV is
> an IO
> and I don't.  We could not find common ground.  So as an user of
> current
> csv.rb, I thought that improving csv.rb was the best.

Sure, I understand that point of view and that's completely fine with
me.  I doubt the users care too much about our interface debate, they
just want to know when they can have a faster CSV tool in the
standard library.

I was just making sure no one was waiting on me for anything.
Knowing they are waiting on you instead takes all the pressure off.  ;)

Next time the question comes up I'll just say that I know you are
working to improve things.

> Anyway, parsing CSV should be faster under 1.9, by improving current
> csv.rb or replacing it with faster_csv.rb.  I'll let csv.rb faster
> before 1.9.1.

Great news.  Thanks again for helping to address this issue.

James Edward Gray II