Issue #15940 has been updated by byroot (Jean Boussier).

In order to provide some data, I counted the duplicates in a Redmine heap dump (`ObjectSpace.dump_all`):

Here the counting code:

```ruby
#!/usr/bin/env ruby
# frozen_string_literal: true
require 'json'

fstrings = []
STDIN.each do |line|
  object = JSON.parse(line)
  fstrings << object if object['fstring']
end

counts = {}
fstrings.each do |str|
  counts[str['value']] ||= 0
  counts[str['value']] += 1
end
duplicates = counts.select { |k, v| v > 1 }.map(&:first)

puts "total fstrings: #{fstrings.size}"
puts "dups: #{duplicates.size}"
puts "sample:"
puts duplicates.first(20)
```

And the results for Redmine:

```
total fstrings: 84678
dups: 3686
sample:
changes
absent
part
EVENTS
RANGE
OBJECT
Silent
EXCEPTION
Settings
DATE
Graph
COMPLEX
Definition
fcntl
inline
lockfile
update
gemfile
oth
```

That's about 4% of the fstring table being duplicates.

I also ran the script against one much bigger private app, and the duplicate ratio was similar, but the table was an order of magnitude bigger.

Feature #15940: Coerce symbols internal fstrings in UTF8 rather than ASCII to better share memory with string literals