Issue #15894 has been updated by ioquatix (Samuel Williams).

Here is PR: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2241

Feature #15894: Remove support for IA64

* Author: ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
* Assignee: ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
* Target version: 2.7
There are many `#ifdef __ia64` in Ruby code base. At one point it must have been supported.

But as an architecture, it's EOL (Jan 30th 2019). Last CPU was released in 2017.

I can't even buy 2nd hand CPU for testing.

So, I propose we remove support for IA64.

The main motivation for me personally is I want to simplify and improve fiber implementation. But it's impossible for me to test IA64 architecture.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/