Issue #5400 has been updated by rovf (Ronald Fischer).

judofyr (Magnus Holm) wrote:
> Nobody knows them. Nobody uses them. Let's just get rid of flip-flops, shall we?

Do NOT remove this useful feature!!! I used it a lot already in Perl, and now using it in Ruby too. The deprecation warning also causes a lot of headache, see for instance my posting at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56648847/workaround-flip-flop-deprecated-warning-in-ruby?.

Feature #5400: Remove flip-flops in 2.0