At the roundtable discussion with Matz last night, the question was
asked can we please switch the standard library to FasterCSV for Ruby
1.9?

Matz responded that it was up to NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, but he was OK
with a switch if all parties agreed.  He did say that he believed
there were outstanding compatibility issues that needed to be
resolved and that is true.

I have not worked on these issues because I was under the impression
NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wanted to work on improving CSV instead.  That's
fine with me.  I'm just making sure that's still the plan and we are
addressing these requests.

Is this our plan?

James Edward Gray II