Hi --

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Jim Weirich wrote:

> dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> \> I'd rather see lines return an array, and some other method return an
>> Enumerator.  Arrays may be old-fashioned, and appeal chiefly to the
>> untrained mind :-)  But they're a better fit for a "things"-style
>> method call.
>
> I don't see how an enumerator is any less a "thing" than anything else.

What I mean is, if I've got something like:

   teacher.students

I expect/want a collection/array of students.  I'm just giving the
simplest case, of course, but the main thing is that I'm just not sold
on the reallocation of this method-name semantics for enumerators
instead of arrays (or array-ish things).

I know that an enumerator is a lazy list, or delayed collection, but
I'm still not seeing why arrays are being nudged out of the
collection-sounding method namespace.

David

--
                   David A. Black | dblack / wobblini.net