Hi,

In message "Re: String not enumerable, what about IO? (was Re: Symbol < String in Ruby > 1.8)"
    on Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:49:47 +0900, Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> writes:

|I don't see how an enumerator is any less a "thing" than anything else.

I think he assumes a "thins" should be more array-like than an
enumerator.  Understandable.  I have a vague plan to create something
more array-like (but lazy like generators) and make Enumerable#map
etc. to return "that something".  It would have (almost) all the
methods in Array.  If String#line would give us that something, David
would not complain, I guess.

The points left:

  * the current behavior of Enumerable methods to give enumerators if
    they don't have blocks given.  it was introduced when enumerators
    were made built-in.  I need to check the discussion of the time.

  * the name of that something.

Any opinion?

							matz.