Issue #15799 has been updated by konsolebox (K B).

phluid61 (Matthew Kerwin) wrote:
> `a|:b` means `a | :b` and `a=:b` means `a = :b`

Yes I implied that a space is necessary for |: or =: to be distinguishable.  It's better to have that requirement than have the three-character operator.  But I don't mind other better alternatives.

To be fair I'm not really a fan of incorporating anything that's coming from the functional world, and I prefer writing explicit code (e.g. prefers parentheses over white space), but I don't mind having these features because I think it would help me write prototype code faster.  But not with a three-character operator.  Even `|>` is already awkward to type.  I can write 86 WPM but I care about efficiency.

Feature #15799: pipeline operator