Issue #15725 has been updated by sikachu (Prem Sichanugrist).

Thank you for your initial feedback. I would like to quote one thing:

> I myself usually use .sort and .sort_by, and then apply .reverse afterwards.

That's definitely the reason why I submit this proposal, because `array.sort.reverse` will actually create new Array twice, meanwhile `reverse!` will just flip the array in-place and is a better way memory-wise. These methods will suggest programmers the most efficient way to do thing when they want to sort and reverse and Array, as I describe in the description of the ticket.

One alternative other than introducing these methods: I wonder if we can detect if a result of a sort operation is being passed to `reverse` right away in the chain, (e.g. detect if user is doing `array.sort.reverse`) and doing a in-place reverse instead. That seems complicated though, and I don't have enough knowledge of the interpreter to know if that sort of thing is possible.

Feature #15725: Proposal: Add Array#reverse_sort, #revert_sort!, #reverse_sort_by, and #reverse_sort_by!