Issue #15872 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

FWIW, I believe this is a bug.

> When a block is given and the argument is an IO-like object, it may not reach its end after exiting the each method

You mean if the block interrupts the processing with `break`, `return` or `raise`? Maybe it should close it in those cases (I think it still should), but for the normal case it should definitely `close` the IO when exiting normally.

> CSV.parse expects a String as the input

This is incorrect. CSV methods expect a String or an IO.

> If you have a problem case, could you report this with the problem case to https://github.com/ruby/csv/issues ?

Is there information anywhere about where to file issues? I find it quite inconvenient for users to have to move issues here and there... An issue filed on github recently had a comment to file it here, now here is the contrary...

Bug #15872: CSV.parse omits close call when block is given  intended or bug?