Bug #15872: CSV.parse omits close call when block is given  intended or bug?

* Author: sos4nt (Stefan Schler)
* Assignee: kou (Kouhei Sutou)
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
The current implementation of `CSV.parse` doesn't call `close` when a block is given:
```ruby
def self.parse(*args, &block)
  csv = new(*args)

  return csv.each(&block) if block_given?

  begin
    csv.read
  ensure
    csv.close  # <- never gets here if block is given

```

A possible fix would be:

```ruby
def self.parse(*args, &block)
  csv = new(*args)
  if block_given?
    csv.each(&block)
  else
    csv.read
  end
ensure
  csv.close
end
```

But I'm not sure if this behavior might be intended, given that Ruby's CSV library is quite mature.

Am I missing a use case or is this actually a bug?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/