Feature #15829: Object#then_if(condition){}

* Author: foonlyboy (Eike Dierks)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I'd like to propose some sugar to Object#then

There should be Object#then_if(condition, &block)

The block should only be applied when the condition is true,
otherwise the object should be returned without applying the block.

Rationale:

I frequently use Object#then with Rails to extend queries like this:

```
foo.then {|query|
  if(condition)
   query.where(zip:zap)
  else
   query
  end
}
```

by using the proposed Object#then_if the example could be simplified to:

```
foo.then_if(condition) {|query|
   query.where(zip:zap)
}
```

I believe that this also applies to a lot of other use cases,
i.e. only applying some transformation if some condition is true,
but otherwise leaving the result untouched.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/