Issue #15818 has been reported by nelhage (Nelson Elhage).

Feature #15818: Please hide ruby-doc.org pages for EOL releases from the Google index
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15818

* Author: nelhage (Nelson Elhage)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
It's a very common experience that if I google a Ruby method or class, the top Google link to me points to the docs for Ruby 2.2 or 2.1 or even 1.9 or 1.8. As a recent example, googling [ruby unicode_normalize] finds me https://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-2.2.1/libdoc/unicode_normalize/rdoc/String.html as the first link.

It would be awesome if ruby-doc.org hid EOL releases (or maybe even all releases except the newest) from the Google index, or somehow caused them to be downgraded. I'm not sure precisely what tools Google makes available for this, but hiding them entirely via robots.txt would be a simple (if slightly heavyweight) option.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/