Status changed from Feedback to Rejected

I'd like to close this issue tentatively.  Feel free to reopen if you still think it is needed.

Bug #12812: Added Coverage#result=

* Author: zenspider (Ryan Davis)
* Assignee: mame (Yusuke Endoh)
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
Originally submitted here: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1456

This exposes Coverage.result in a slightly more writeable way and allows coverage analysis to reset to a baseline in a safe way.

Note, I wasn't able to figure out how to invalidate the cached pointers in the VM bytecode, so this does `rb_ary_replace` across all the arrays instead. I'd love to see this improved so it were cleaner.

This is ongoing work to improve the current state of code coverage analysis. I'll be giving a talk on this at rubyconf 2016.

I should also add, this applies cleanly to (at least) 2.3 as well.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/