Issue #15723 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

File implicit-param.diff added

jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote:
> As I expressed in the developer meeting today, after a lot of thought, I believe if we want to support implicit block arguments, we should limit support to a single argument, and use `@` to represent the argument.

Attached is a patch that implements my proposal:

```ruby
proc{@}.call(1)
# => 1

proc{@}.call([1, 2])
# => [1, 2]

proc{@}.call(1, 2)
# => 1

proc{@.abs}.call(-1)
# => 1

proc{Math.log(@)}.call(Math::E)
# => 1.0

@
# SyntaxError: implicit parameter outside block
```

This patch is also available as a branch on GitHub: https://github.com/jeremyevans/ruby/tree/implicit-param

Misc #15723: Reconsider numbered parameters