Assignee set to aycabta (aycabta .)
Status changed from Open to Closed

r67645 introduces this feature.

Feature #14918: Use Reline for fallback of ext/readline

* Author: aycabta (aycabta .)
* Assignee: aycabta (aycabta .)
* Target version:
Ruby loses readline standard library when the system doesn't have libreadline during Ruby installation, At https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11084, @hsbt proposed pure Ruby implementation. But I think that rb-readline is not good for Ruby standard library and I described it at http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/86213. The important reason for it personally is that rb-readline doesn't have vi mode.

So I'm implementing Reline for a new standard library as GNU Readline and existing ext/readline compatible. I can maintain it.
https://github.com/aycabta/reline

I don't think that Reline should replace ext/readline fully, it's just for fallback. But it's important for Ruby.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/