Hello,

Sorry, I somehow missed that ...

U.Nakamura wrote:

>Hello,
>
>In message "[Fwd: cross-thread violation on rb_gc()]"
>    on Oct.07,2006 12:51:47, <sdate / everestkc.net> wrote:
>| *C:\atest>ruby   _tp.rb     tst_r*2.rb
>| [BUG] cross-thread violation on rb_gc()
>| ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]
>|
>| *This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>| way.
>| Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>
>Hmm, I cannot reproduce this problem.
>
>Questions:
>(1) Even if you change the command (TextPad to Notepad or other),
>    is the problem still reproduced?

Yes. The problem still exists even after changing TextPad to Notepad.
In fact, I found out the following one-line program shows the same behavior:
C:\> type bug.rb

  ## bug.rb
  puts ARGV

C:\> ruby bug.rb one
one

C:\>ruby bug.rb one*
[BUG] cross-thread violation on rb_gc()
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]

way.

>(2) Even if you change the argument to the script, is the problem
>    still reproduced?

I get the problem only when I use the wild card. Like this:

   C:\> ruby _tp.rb   tst_rm*.rb

But when I do this everything seems to be fine:

   C:\> dir /b tst_rm*.rb | ruby _tp.rb

It opens all the files listed by the DIR command.

HTH,

>Regards,

-- Shashank