Issue #15764 has been reported by BatmanAoD (Kyle Strand).

Feature #15764: Whitespace and control characters should not be permitted in tokens
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15764

* Author: BatmanAoD (Kyle Strand)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
As of Ruby 2.5.1p57, it appears that all valid Unicode code-points above 128 are permitted in tokens. This includes whitespace and control characters.

This was demonstrated here: https://gist.github.com/qrohlf/7045823

I have attached the raw download from the above gist.

The issue has been discussed on StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/q/34455427/1858225

I would say this is arguably a bug, but I am marking this ticket as a "feature" since the current behavior could be considered by-design.

helloworld.rb (543 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/