Abhisek Datta wrote:
> But sometimes it is unacceptable to have all the threads block when a
> single thread is blocking on a system/service call to the operating
> system.
>
> Is there any plan for implementing a Ruby interface to native threads
> on various Operating Systems?

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that JRuby supports native threads
today via Java's own threading support. Of course, there's certain Ruby
things we don't support...like system calls and C extensions.

--
Charles Oliver Nutter, JRuby Core Developer
headius / headius.com -- charles.o.nutter / sun.com
Blogging at headius.blogspot.com