Issue #15438 has been updated by sylvain.joyeux (Sylvain Joyeux).

> Does it matter what the exact timeslice is in absolute units, or what matters is how often is a high-priority Thread executed compared to a low-priority Thread?

The actual underlying behavior matters, actually. If I'm using Linux scheduler, I know how to play to get what I want. On MRI, the control is the timeslice, so yes I want to know what timeslice I get.

What I really don't see is how you can expect to get a common set of values, the underlying scheduling system being always different.

I don't see any downside with exposing MIN_PRIORITY and MAX_PRIORITY. If that would be fine for you too, I'll just change the PR to reflect that.

Bug #15438: Threads can't switch faster than TIME_QUANTUM_(NSEC|USEC|MSEC)