Issue #15610 has been updated by vo.x (Vit Ondruch).

Just for completeness, this is my proposal:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5617

Misc #15610: Could bundler & rubygems be shipped in site_ruby?

* Author: deivid (David Rodr=EDguez)
* Assignee: hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
Currently bundler & rubygems are shipped together with the rest of the stan=
dard library (in `RbConfig::CONFIG["rubylibdir"]`). The fact that they shar=
e their folder with the rest of the standard library has caused some issues=
 that wouldn't have happened if they were isolated. For example, https://bu=
gs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15469 or https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/issue=
s/2188.

Also, when you run `gem update --system`, rubygems installs a copy of itsel=
f and bundler in site_ruby, so you currently end up with two copies of diff=
erent versions of bundler and rubygems in different folders of the $LOAD_PA=
TH.

@hsbt has fixed the above issues with a patch to bundler in https://github.=
com/bundler/bundler/pull/6941, but I still wonder whether it could be clean=
er to ship them in site_ruby directly, so that `gem update --system` overwr=
ites them and you always have a single default copy of both rubygems and bu=
ndler.

Maybe this wouldn't be a good usage of site_ruby, and it's better to keep t=
hings as they are, but I figured I could ask ruby-core about it.

Thanks for what you do!

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/