Issue #15654 has been updated by sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada).

Actually, currently, there is no literal for complex numbers whose real part is non-zero. I think we need a literal to cover such cases. If something along nobu's suggestion works, that would be preferable.

Misc #15654: Documentation for Complex is wrong or misleading

* Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
* Assignee:
The documentation for `Complex` https://ruby-doc.org/core-2.6/Complex.html says or implies that a complex can be created by literal like `2+1i`, but that is actually calling the method `+` on receiver `2` with argument `1i`. The description should be changed to make it clear that `2+ 1i` is not a literal but is applying a method.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/