Issue #15620 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote:
> `lambda(&proc{}).lambda?` returns false because I think the rule is:
> once a Proc is created, it never changes its lambda-ness.

Right. I was wondering why this is the "rule", what's the rationale. It makes `lambda(&...)` equivalent to `...to_proc` but less clear. I was thinking only in terms of parameter passing (in which case the rule feels counter productive), but there's also handling of `break` and `return` (in which case the rule makes more sense I guess, still not convinced).

Note that the rule can be broken, for example with:

```
def transform_proc_into_lambda(&proc)
  o = Object.new
  o.singleton_class.define_method(:foo, &proc)
  o.method(:foo).to_proc
end

transform_proc_into_lambda{}.lambda? # => true
```

Bug #15620: Block argument usage affects lambda semantic