Issue #15617 has been reported by sam.saffron (Sam Saffron).

Misc #15617: Any chance we can ship 2.5.4 sooner rather than later?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15617

* Author: sam.saffron (Sam Saffron)
* Assignee:
We started carrying code like this in Discourse due to #14634 breaking Queue after fork.

https://review.discourse.org/t/dev-disable-async-logging-in-development-on-broken-ruby/1829

I was wondering if there is any chance we can fast track a 2.5.4 release? This issue is quite severe cause there are quite a few forking web servers out there (puma and unicorn) so the failure mode is common in the wild.

#14634 is already backported

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/