--Apple-Mail-2--186290752
	format­´wed

On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:59 AM, Martin Coxall wrote:

>> "splay" has a couple of possibly not-so-savory connotations, IMO.

I think one of the roadblocks to this is that there may not be a clear
reason for the new method in everyone's head. I would very much
appreciate a clear problem statement. So far, from memory, I have
the following:

 From Matz - Need something in between to_a and to_ary
(but I can't explain why)

 From David Black - We need to_? so to_a can be used for other
things when doing *whatever.

I assume that there are N-1 problem statements, where N is the number
of contributors and I amd the '-1' because I don't understand the reason
for the change yet. :)

Can we shift gears momentarily to produce a few case examples and
a solid reason behind this * thing and its method.

Jim Freeze

--Apple-Mail-2--186290752--