Issue #15592 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

I'm very in favor of some type of switching mechanism to allow 'autoload' to switch between immediate & lazy loading.

I'll call it 'AorR', for 'autoload or require?'.  I'm confused about the desired scope of this.  Given previously:

```ruby
# m.rb
module M
  autoload :X, 'm/x'
  autoload :Y, 'm/y'
end
```

Two possible options:

1. Adding an optional parameter to autoload to control whether it acts like a require statement.

2. Adding a mechanism to control AorR within a file/module.

Regarding option 1:

It seems like too fine grained a level of control.  After all, one could just require specific files.  Then again, see 'Off-Topic'

Regarding option 2:

I think the idea of being able to place all of the AorR switches in one place (affecting all autoload statements in the app) would be very helpful.  One might also like them in separate places.  Maybe something like a (global) array that contains the namespaces (stored as symbols or strings) where autoload statements switch to requires?  I assume this would become much more complex if it needed to affect previously loaded files.

Off Topic:

The coupling between files and objects has been somewhat tight in many languages.  Obviously, it's not necessarily a one-to-one relationship (example - the io/* std-lib's).  But, one could state that a goal of a higher level language would be to abstract them.  Hence, as an example, an application (or a gem) could totally change their file structure without breaking any applications that use it.

Feature #15592: mode where "autoload" behaves like an immediate "require"