Hi,

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> the point of str_new(0,n) is to be able to create a string of a known
> length but for which the contents are not "known" in advance, or at least,
> not in a buffer. Once you fill the n chars of the string object you just
> allocated, then the creation process is finished and you don't have to set
> the len again! A len is not a capa and a capa is not a len.

	Actually I think you (and Matz) are right. Setting len to 0
could cause more problems and as matz said - it could confuse
programmers.

	So: I'm sorry guys. The truth is on your side.

		Michal

PS: Maybe checking whether ptr is not NULL in rb_str_buf_cat wasn't such
a bad point (unlike the rest thing about setting len)...