Kotlin has it, too. It's a nice feature. In a pet language of mine, I added
the index as an "implicit" argument, too. Something like this:

elements  = ["foo", "bar", "baz"]
elements.each {
  puts "Element at index #{idx} has value #{it}."
}

"Element at index 0 has value foo."
"Element at index 1 has value bar."
etc....

I think it would be handy to have that in Ruby.

~ Ale Miralles.
http://amiralles.com.ar